teaching. workshops. retreats.
I am drawn to focusing on the emotion and the moment of photography (not just the technical aspect of cameras) this makes me approachable as a teacher to all skill levels of photographers.
I love meeting like-minded people in real life and have had amazing experiences
teaching at retreats and workshops, both in person and online.
“My comfort zone stared me down. I knew I had to do this, to go toward the scariest thing (self-portraits). Fortunately I was in safe hands. Taught by the lovely Meredith, I learned that making self-portraits is not the height of narcissism as I had thought in the past (this judgment a sure sign I was really just scared of it). Now I know it’s quite the opposite, in fact. Making self-portraits is a high act of self care, self love. Of really seeing my inner self and honoring that. Of seeing my truth, my story, not other people’s stories about myself.” ~ Hillary
- June 2011 Be Present Retreats (Gearhart, Oregon)
- October 2011 Camp Shutter Sisters (Pacific Grove, California)
- October 2012 Shutter Sisters Oasis (Palm Springs, California)
If you are interested in me teaching at a retreat or workshop, please email me directly: email@example.com
Photographers online kept asking when I would offer an e-course (for those unable to attend a retreat in person) … and during winter 2012 Now You Workshops was born! Co-founded with Kristin Zechinelli, our first class sold out as we enrolled photographers from across the globe! (Australia, Italy, Finland, Holland…)
“Now You was one of the greatest gifts I’ve ever given myself. Their (Meredith and Kristin’s) fearlessness and humor consistently drew us in day in and day out, but it was their encouragement and support that kept us coming back. They created a community where being brave and challenging ourselves was easy, where we weren’t alone. I certainly did not expect to feel sad or any sense of loss when the class ended, but the fact that I do is a testament to how incredible the class is and how strong the connections are that we all made with one another. I cannot recommend this class more for anyone who is looking to venture into the world of self-portraiture…and self-care. It won’t be anything like what you expect…it will be better “ ~ Jessie
NOW YOU Workshops
NOW YOU mantra:
Empowerment through photography can be life changing. It’s through self-portraiture that we learn to look kindly at ourselves. Let your camera guide you. The goal of NOW YOU is inspiration, empowerment, and confidence building through photography. This workshop will be a fun environment in which to safely jump into the world of self portraiture.
Description of class:
• NOW YOU workshops hopes to encourage photographic exploration. This results in giving women back the control in how they see themselves.
• Through this workshop you will come away with images to remind you the beauty of seeing and being seen.
• Are you ready to be find that brave beautiful you that dwells inside?
• NOW YOU workshop creates a safe environment to explore your image of self. Your one and only job is to come open; open heart, open mind. Set yourself free of expectation and judgment.
NOW YOU Workshops are offered online here